Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

Tampa Modification & Enforcement of Final Judgment Attorney

After going through a divorce or child custody case, it can be extremely daunting to realize that you need to modify one of the provisions, or to realize that you will need to take legal action in order to enforce the order against your ex. When one party seeks a modification of an existing court order or final judgment, it is important to know that it may be possible to modify an order with an agreement between the parties. Otherwise, the party seeking the modification will need to petition the court. Enforcement frequently requires asking the court to take action to ensure that the other party abides by the terms of the final judgment. Whether you have issues or concerns with a divorce final judgment, a child custody order, or another type of family law final judgment, a lawyer at our firm can help. Contact our experienced Tampa modification and enforcement of final judgment attorney today.

Understanding Modifications in Tampa

Modification and enforcement are two separate things, but both actions often involve a problem or issue with abiding by the current terms of a divorce or child custody final judgment or another order in the area of family law.

To obtain a modification, you will need to reach an agreement with the other party or you will need to petition the court and provide evidence to show that a substantial change in circumstance has occurred such that the modification is necessary. The court will consider the facts of the case and the evidence presented. In modifications to child custody orders, the court will also consider the best interests of the child factors.

What Are Enforcement Actions in Tampa

Enforcement involves asking the court to take action so that the other party to a family law final judgment abides by the order. When a person seeks enforcement, it is because the other party has not complied with the final judgment. In a divorce, enforcement may be necessary for the distribution of certain marital assets, the payment of alimony, or child custody or support. In a stand-alone child custody case, enforcement might be necessary if the other parent has not paid their portion of the child support obligation or has failed to abide by the terms of the parenting plan.

When a party will not abide by the terms of a final judgment, the court can take various types of enforcement actions that may involve holding the party in contempt or garnishing wages (for failure to pay support).

Contact The Law Office of Laura A. Olson, P.A. Today

If you need to modify a court order concerning alimony, child custody, child support, or another family law matter, you should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to determine your eligibility for a modification. At The Law Office of Laura A. Olson, P.A., we can evaluate your case to determine whether you have experienced a substantial change of circumstances that could allow for a modification, or whether we may be able to help you reach an agreement with your ex concerning a modification. When you need help enforcing a court order, our firm can discuss your options with you. Contact our experienced Tampa modification and enforcement of final judgment attorney today for assistance with your case.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation